St. Andrew Apostle School is a Roman Catholic elementary and middle school in Silver Spring, MD. We serve a multi-ethnic student population that mirrors the diversity of our area, including St. Andrew Apostle and Church of the Resurrection parishes. Our students, faculty and staff continuously strive towards excellence based on a rigorous educational curriculum centered in love, justice, compassion, hope and forgiveness.
St. Andrew Apostle was recognized by the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth as a “Top School” in Maryland. This program recognizes schools with exceptional academic qualities, student and teacher talent and excellence in leadership.
St. Andrew Apostle School seeks to grow on this path of continuous improvement, while nurturing and enabling students to perform their best.
- Student Body Profile: 325 current enrollment
Average teacher/student ratio:
- Early Learning Center (6 weeks to 15 mths.) 1:3
- Toddlers (15 mths. -24 mths.) 1:3
- Preschool 1:6
- PreKindergarten 1:12
- Kindergarten 1:15
- Elementary & Middle School 1:20
- St. Andrew Apostle families reside in Brookeville, Burtonsville, Kensington, Laurel, Rockville, Silver Spring, Takoma Park and Wheaton, MD and Washington, DC.
- All families are expected to participate in school activities and events.
- Average teaching experience is 15 years.
- Teacher attrition: less than 1% over the past decade.
- Subject area Specialists teach: Science, Technology, Art, Foreign Language (Spanish), P.E., and Music.
- Resource Specialists are available.
- Students in all grades attend supervised field trips and day excursions.
- Accreditation: St. Andrew Apostle School is fully accredited by AdvancED.