Inclement Weather Policy
Changes to the operating schedule will be posted as soon as possible to the homepage of the parish website. Parishioners are encouraged to use their own judgement when venturing out in times of inclement weather in order not to endanger themselves or their families.
Saint Andrew’s Masses
Generally, Saint Andrew’s will be open for daily Mass during inclement weather at the regularly scheduled times. However, to balance availability and Parishioner safety, guidelines have been developed to make appropriate decisions during inclement weather.
- If schools are closed or delayed during extreme weather on a Monday through Friday, the 8:30am Mass will be delayed two hours unless indicated on the homepage Latest News.
- All 9:00am Masses on Saturdays and 8:30am Masses on holidays when schools are not in session will be celebrated as scheduled.
- If schools are closed or delayed during extreme weather on a Monday through Friday, any scheduled 6:30am Mass will not be held.
- Any changes to a scheduled evening Mass will be announced on the website.
Weekend Masses will be celebrated as scheduled.
In the event that schools are closed, delayed, or close early, all parish daytime activities scheduled during the closure period are also cancelled. The parish may, at its discretion, make exceptions to this policy as necessary. If you wish to be considered for an exception, please contact the Parish Office at 301-649-3700 or email@example.com. Any change to evening or weekend parish activities will be announced on the website.
Saint Andrew Apostle School
Saint Andrew Apostle School conforms to the practices announced for Montgomery County Public Schools with regard to inclement weather and school dismissal.
WTOP 103.5 FM, WMAL 630AM, and wtop.com as well as many other radio and TV stations will carry the announcements. You may also contact the school “Update” recording at 301-649-3555 (ext 123).
- When Montgomery County Public Schools are closed, Saint Andrew School, Preschool, Foundations, Daycare, and Early Learning Center are closed. There will be no clubs, sports, or other extracurricular school activities held when the school is closed.
- When Montgomery County Public Schools announce a 1-hour delay, all Saint Andrew School programs will have a 1-hour delay. Daycare will operate as usual.
- When Montgomery County Public Schools announce a 2-hour delay, all Saint Andrew School programs will have a 2-hour delay. Morning Foundation classes will be cancelled. Daycare will operate as usual.
- When Montgomery County Public Schools announce a 2-hour delay AND it is a day Saint Andrew School was already scheduled for a noon dismissal, Saint Andrew Apostle School will be closed and daycare will not be offered.
- When Montgomery County Public Schools announce an early dismissal, Saint Andrew Apostle School will follow the policy exactly. Daycare will close one hour after school closes and all evening school activities and clubs will be cancelled.